Just found out I won an honorable mention for the Illinois Press Photographers Association's annual contest-my first IPPA win...even though I misspelled accordion in the cutline- I could've sworn it was accordian!!! oops!This was from an assignment about Hazel Hink, just before her 100th birthday. The assignment was to photograph her playing bingo with her friends at the senior apartment complex where she lives. I shot off a few frames and she was clearly annoyed by my presence. Then she looked at me and said, "I'm usually playing my accordion upstairs." My ears perked, and off we went to her apartment and she jammed for me in her living room. What a cool lady!
2 comments:
Congrats! She looks kinda mean whaling on that accordion. Love it!
What a cool picture! You should come visit us and take some pics of Ari playing one of her many accordions. And then you can take pics of the cat hissing at her when she plays.
Missy
Post a Comment